Thursday, March 5, 2009

A final message from a pastor to his parishoners..

"This weekend the "Ordinary Time" of the year comes to an end, and
we move forward into Lent, a penitential period of preparation for the future, joy God extends to all. This year, the end of ordinary times has a special meaning to me.

I know you have placed me, my friends, in God's presence, as you seek from him healing for me. For that I offer you my love and prayers.

As the paralyzed man brought before Jesus, I am desirous of His healing. But more importantly I seek His forgiveness - and yours. With this latest medical turn I do not know when or if I will resume "ordinary time" with you. I want to thank you beforehand for carrying me into the Lord's presence.

You have been, along with my family and fellow Oblates, a real support and inspiration for me. You have kept me going, and hopefully growing, in God's life. Perhaps I shall return with post-Easter ordinary time. That is my goal and hope.

Meanwhile - and always - know that I love you all, those with whom I have agreed as well as those with whom I felt compelled to take an opposing position.

Please - for God's sake - for that is what this is all about, work together as a Parish, not as a parish "and" a school "and" a youth
group "and" a finance committee "and" a PSA, etc.

Be parish! Be family! For the Father's sake! We are called to carry together the paralyzed one in our midst. We will meet in the future in the Risen Life

God gives through forgiveness of sin. God love you all!"

-A beloved pastor to his parishioners and a Cunneen client - his final bulletin announcement before passing.

No comments: