Friday, July 4, 2008

And so it begins!

My first blogpost! Is that one word? As someone who spends a fair bit of time writing articles, letters, proposals, case brochures I must confess to being somewhat puzzled by the entire blog posting concept-what does one write here?

The answer of course:

"You will write if you write without thinking of the result in terms of a result, but think of the writing in terms of discovery, which is to say that creation must take place between the pen and the paper, not before in a thought or afterwards in a recasting. It will come if it is there and if you will let it come, and if you have anything you will get a sudden creative recognition." Gertrude Stein


I hope, over time, to explore some interesting ideas, business challenges, discussions of my profession - fundraising and development consulting and perhaps in a moment of madness explore some of my thoughts on politics, the Catholic Church, and life in general.

To the people reading this (hi Cheryl!) I humbly thank you for pretending that I have something important to say!

John

No comments: