Saturday, August 9, 2008

A brand called you!

Two or three years ago Fast Company magazine ran a cover story called "A Brand Called You". Written by Tom Peters - This was the first time that I read about the concept of personal branding, as in branding yourself, the individual. What is the John Cunneen brand?

Now I had witnessed this with various personalities such as the sales guru Brian Tracy or Zig Ziglar, Tom Peters himself was a major personal brander, Tony Robbins-these folks, for me, were the original personal branders. The Fast Company article was the first to begin to fuse together one's personal and professional achievements, web presence and blogosphere/social networking renown.

I link the article as a reminder to myself and to anyone who happens to be reading this blog. The world has changed, you are a brand, we are all brands, we collectively make up the brand that is The Cunneen Company. You as a development director, pastor, volunteer, are all part of your non-profits brand, you are all your own brand.

What does this mean to our organizations?
What does this mean to us invidiually?

I havent the slightest clue but I find it far more interesting then this clumsy post gives it credit for.

Dont listen to me, check out what Tom Peters has to say:
http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/10/brandyou.html?page=0%2C0

John :)

No comments: